West Palm Beach Probate & Trust Administration Attorney
With over 20 years of experience handling estate planning matters in Palm Beach County, attorney Jami L. Huber is well-versed in the requirements of Florida probate and trust administration. The law office of Jami L. Huber, P.A. is here to assist the personal representative of an estate or a trustee with the many complicated and challenging aspects of Florida estate and trust administration, contact our experienced West Palm Beach probate & trust administration attorney today.
Palm Beach County Probate Matters
A duly appointed Personal Representative is required to administer the estate in accordance with Florida probate law. In fact, the personal representative of the estate can be held personally liable for errors created by failing to properly follow the Florida Probate Code. Jami L. Huber, P.A. provides practical advice and effective assistance to ensure timely filings and accountings, and to prepare and file appropriate documents as needed.
Probate is a complicated process, and issues always arise in the probate process that were not anticipated when the will was drafted. The law office of Jami L. Huber represents the personal representative named in the will or appointed by the court in carrying out the terms of the will or in distributing an intestate estate in accordance with of the Florida law. Attorney Jami L. Huber assists the personal representative with the myriad of responsibilities under the Probate Code, including:
- Identify and collect all probate assets
- Find and notify creditors regarding the timeframe within which to file claims against the estate
- Make proper objections against any claims improperly lodged against the estate, and defend such actions in court
- Hire accountants and other professionals as necessary for estate administration
- Pay valid claims, statutory fees and other expenses of the estate
- Manage or liquidate real estate or other property of the estate as necessary
- File required tax returns and pay taxes in a timely manner
Jami L. Huber, P.A. can assist other parties in the probate process, such as filing caveats to ensure delivery of notice of proceedings, or representing clients with property or family in Florida who have an interest in Palm Beach County probate proceedings.
Trust Administration in West Palm Beach and Boca Raton
A trustee has a legal duty to make sure that assets of the trust are invested wisely and distributed appropriately in accordance with the terms of the trust document. Trusts are quite often complicated, lengthy documents replete with confusing legal language and complex distribution schemes. A simple error or honest mistake can have serious ramifications and lead to litigation.
Jami L. Huber, P.A. can advise the trustee and help administer the trust according to the terms of the trust document, including representation in the following representative matters:
- Provide timely notice to beneficiaries
- Prepare documents required for proper trust administration
- Settle the trust estate
- Pay taxes and file required tax returns
- Distribute trust assets
- Hold property under a sub-trust until the occurrence of a triggering event
Effective Advice and Experienced Legal Representation in West Palm Beach Probate & Trust Administration
For practical advice and effective assistance in the probate of an estate or trust administration in West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens, or throughout Palm Beach County, contact Jami L. Huber, P.A. at 561-283-4770.